Wednesday, December 31, 2008

cousins are here!




























The cousins from North Carolina are here. Isaac and Maxwell have spent most of their time recording a CD called "Awesomeness," and Evie and Xiaoyue have spent time tea-partying and hugging. Riley has told me stories that are hilarious. He's got some fiction writerly genes, I think. Quite the imagination, that boy. We also celebrated Nanny's birthday at a great Chinese restaurant, where the Fujian, China waitress wanted to know where we learned to work the chopsticks so well. Much more tact and polite than the Target cashier who said, pointing to Xiaoyue, "Is she domestic or foreign." I said (or wait, in hindsight....I'm too darn nice not to say what I wish I'd said), "I'm assuming you mean adoption, because she's not a beer or a bottle of wine."












2 comments:

mreeves said...

hey kim...great pics, always brightens my day to read the blog..glad to hear things are going great...next time, tell the cashier at target how you really feel...

Jeannie said...

hi kim, such cute pictures of yue yue!